Let’s get things straight
Xiapex is indicated for the treatment of adult men with Peyronie’s disease with a palpable plaque and curvature deformity of at least 30 degrees at the start of therapy. Xiapex is injected directly into the Peyronie’s plaque. Each injection helps to weaken and break down the plaque and helps straighten the curve caused by Peyronie’s disease.1
Xiapex contains 2 different types of purified collagenase clostridium histolyticum (AUX-I and AUX-II), in a defined mass ratio. Injection of Xiapex into a Peyronie’s plaque, which is composed mostly of collagen, may result in enzymatic disruption of the collagen found in Peyronie’s plaque. Following this disruption of the collagen-containing plaque, penile curvature deformity may improve while Patient- Reported Bother may be reduced.1-2, 3-5
- Xiapex Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Gelbard et al. J Urology 2013;190:199-207.
- French MF et al. Biochemistry. 1987;26:681-687.
- Lecroisey A, Keil B. Biochem J. 1979;179:53-58.
- Lee H, et al. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4812-4826.